Saturday, February 23, 2008

Night Terrors

Photobucket

So until recently i have never had probelms with Elijah's sleeping habits. He gets ready for bed we put him in the crib and he puts himself to sleep without another sound. We have been pretty lucky. But the past week and a half i have been woken up almost every night with a blood curdleing scream from my toddler's room. He sits straight up and gets all sweaty and bug eyed and when i try to pick him up he acts like he dosnt know me and freaks out even more. Its so scary and sad to watch him. I know hes so frightened and I cant do anything. I have had experiance with "Night Terrors" before because my little brother had them almost every night for years. So maybe their hereditary. I guess I will find out because im making an appointment to see the pediatrician on monday. Wish me luck...

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Dava!
You know, Chad had night terrors when he was about 2 for a couple of years. So, I think it must be hereditary. I understand how terrible it is. We used to just grab him up and pray with him until he came out of it. One of my friends told me that their daughter had that and they actually put her on beta-blockers and that helped. Hopefully the pediatrician will know what to do.
Love you,
Aunt Maryfaith