Friday, May 8, 2009

.Blind.

So yay... no baby yet, BUT I do get to enjoy a wonderful bout of Ocular Migranes! Horray {insert sarcasm here} If you havent had the pleasure let me fill you in.
I have migranes without pain, instead they manifest themselves as temporary blindness and vertigo. Trust me, not as fun as it sounds. I had my first when I was six months pregnant with Eli, while I was DRIVING! Very scary. I had NO idea what was going on and Eric thought I was crazy. So we pulled over, I was hysterical thinking I was never going to see the face of my unborn child.
So after 3 hours, many confused doctors, and a blood test... I came to find out that I am EXTREMELY anemic. The migranes are a way of telling me that Im close to needing a blood transfusion and to down a couple of iron pills PRONTO :)
Today was fun because I hadnt had any problems since Eli was born. Totally unsuspected. It starts out slow and gradually works my vision from the outside in so i am left with a little bubble in which to see my two year old son with.
So I hastily call my dear husband and tell him
"No I am not in labor, but if you dont come home soon I will be too blind to find your son and retrieve him from whatever trouble he decides to occupy his time with."
Needless to say we had a fun day. Lol

1 comments:

Grandma J said...

Wow, I've never heard of that condition before. What a scary thing to go through. Maybe you should eat a lot of spinach. Hope you're feeling better!