Monday, August 10, 2009

Inherited Gag Reflex?

List of qualities my boys inherited from their father I enjoy:
piercing blue eyes...
blond flowing locks...
athleticism...
List of inherited qualities I do not enjoy:
inability to hold one's gag reflex...
Anyone who knows Eric knows he has the weirdest food issues and a totally weak stomach. He will honestly vomit from the slightest things, bad food smells, washing dishes hes left out, changing diapers. I really cant be mad at him for it, he just cant control it. Now it seems Eli has inherited this wonderful little quirk from his father.
We were all playing on the floor this afternoon and Eli was growling at Noah making him laugh when laughing turned into spitting up. Eli jumped back in horror screaming "Oh yucky!!" He stood there looking white as a ghost and just up-chucked on my newly shampooed carpet. I know I shouldnt laugh at a vomiting child, but it was really too much for me. I haven't laughed that hard in quiet a while. Then I went to get a towel and my shampooer....

2 comments:

Olive and Kaylee said...

I can remember our two families traveling to Jedediah Smith once and Eric, who apparently gets car sick pretty easy, starting throwing up. Soon after, Joey started puking as well. It was a very long, nasty, smelly road trip.

Ladyfox said...

You've got to love that gag reflex. Once I had an egg cracked in a clear glass and needed to get a bit of egg shell out of it. Hams happened to be standing there and when he saw my finger go into the raw egg he started heaving.... Sometimes it just doesn't take much. Good luck with that.