Sunday, December 12, 2010

The Amazing Crying Machine

Oh man this child can cry. And cry. And CRY.
I really dont know what to do with him...
He basically wakes up and cries for the better part of his little day.
Theres really not anything in particular that hes crying about,
most of the time we arent even sure what set it off.
I try everything to get him to stop.

-Cuddling and snuggling... nope.
-Time out... screams the entire time.
-Scolding... nope.
-Redirection... just cries while doing something else.
-Ignoring him... he will just walk behind me crying ALL DAY.

If anyone has any ideas on how to beat the
crying monster they would be greatly appreciated!

2 comments:

Maryfaith said...

Wonder if he is in pain - maybe has allergies, etc. Also, you know that our family has a great history of headaches! I can remember having headaches as far back as 5 years old and that is just because that is as far back as I can remember most things. I actually already had what must have been migraines. I also have hypoglycemia and that made my day funky and still makes my days funky. Make sure he has good food every couple of hours. Just some thoughts. That is what it seems like to me. He is not crying just to be crying, that is for sure.
Love you - hang in there because soon he will be able to actually maybe tell you what he is feeling.

shauna said...

My crying is still crying and she turns 5 in two months! Good luck. The only advice I have is a wonderful book that has helped. It is called Parenting the Strong-willed Child and it is really good parenting advice in general. It has helped with Kaylee but there are still times when we have no clue what set her off. She is much more manageable though. My mom has a copy of the book if you're interested. I bought it for her to read for Scotty (I don't think she ever did though)