Thursday, March 5, 2009

. halucinating toddler .

{picture has nothing to do with story... just cute to look at}

We have been having extraordinary fun in our house the past couple of days... When your kids are sick do they mope and sleep and watch movies on the couch? Mine doesn't. He goes absolutely APE!
Hes had a "cold" for a couple days now. Yesterday he woke up from his nap and was acting REALLY weird... He walked into the room and stood in the middle of the floor just staring at me like I was a monster or something. So I asked him what was wrong.
He says "Mommy you have too many eyes." HUH?
Then he proceeds to tell me he was going to ride his truck on the ceiling , his fingers were pickles, and that the carpet was too fuzzy for his feets... yeaaaa...
That was when I decided to take his temperature... 103.4!!!!!!!!
My poor child was having fever induced hallucinations!
So I called his doctor panicking and told them my son was hallucinating.
They asked if he had gotten into any drugs... I don't even give my child cough medicine lady! AND HES TWO!!
So come to find out he has a respiratory infection and an ear infection and the hallucinations WERE caused by his high fever.
VERY FUN...

2 comments:

Liz and Kevin said...

Yikes that must have been just a bit scarry!

The Smith's said...

Dava, your son is so cute. That can be scary when they get sick like that. Hope your feeling well and please say hello to your mom and dad from Dwayne and Linda.

Our daughter Michelle will be visiting from June 12th and coming home on the 20th. She would meet you all.

http://smithsofava.blogspot.com/
harleygirl@daslas.com