Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Name Debate...

SO... we have a little boy expected to make his debut in early May. We both decided on the name Noah. It goes well with Eli and we think its a "noble" sounding name. The problem lies in the middle name debate. I like Noah Riley Hudson... Eric likes Noah Russel Hudson.
I like Riley because the entire time I was pregnant I was CERTAIN it was a girl... (lol BOY was I wrong), so i spent the early part of my pregnancy calling "her" Riley. When we found out it was a boy I was a little disapointed at first. I quickly got over that but I still feel like I should have that Riley in there somewhere.
Eric thinks that Riley isnt "manly" enough, and that even though he hates his middle name, he wants the baby to have it. lol. So he likes Noah Russel.
What do you think?
Russel
or
Riley

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi!
I think you should pick up a Moon family name - like David or Earl. Both would be great. Noah David - cool, huh?!?!?
Love you - can't wait to see this boy.
Aunt Maryfaith

Dava_Hudson said...

well.. Eli already has the pleasure of carrying on my Moon family name. Elijah David Hudson

The Smith's said...

I like Riley, I think it can go either way, male or female. It's not like you want to make it Rachel. Stick to you guns Dava.

Hope your all feeling well.
Cousins Linda & Dwayne

Anonymous said...

You could go way back to your Great Great Grandfather and use his name - Omri! Noah Omri - now that is way cool!!!
Aunt Maryfaith

Dava_Hudson said...

now that is one to consider... how do you pronounce it?

Angelee said...

Sorry Dava. I try to make it a point never to agree with Eric, but I must this time :) I like Russell and I like that it's his middle name too. He has my vote.

Anonymous said...

Hands down Russell. It is after his dad and has some meaning rather than just some random dog's name. Becca agrees with me. And that is Walt and Sam's middle name too so we are keeping it in the fam.

Than and Erica said...

I also like Russell. We always have at least one name be from family. I have my dad's middle name and I LOVE it. It totally has meaning for me, especially since he died when I was young.

Jack Attack said...

I'm with your husband-I like Russell. Riley reminds me of a dog I knew growing up. sorry.

Anonymous said...

You pronounce the O as the o in honor and the i is like rye.
Aunt Maryfaith

Marie said...

I'm a bit biased....my little guy is Walter Russell Bird. Plus, my older son was a bit jealous. He said it was no fair because he wanted his middle name to be "wrestle". :)