Saturday, May 16, 2009

Birthday!

I am really starting to appriciate my little blog. Not only do we get to share our lives with loved ones that live far away, but it also serves as a journal or record for your family to look at later in life. So with that being said, here is my record of Noah's birth story...




{Tuesday 8am}
Arrived at Paradise Birth Day Place. Started induction.


{All of Tuesday}
Sat around on our butts, watched multiple movies, ate yummy hospital food, walked endless halls, played cards for hours, and WAITED!


{Tuesday night & Wednesday morning}
Spent a SLEEPLESS night with I.V.s and monitors holding me captive and preventing me from even rolling over in bed. I really hate I.V. lines....


{Wednesday 4 am)
After sleeping for 40 minutes awoke to "real" contractions, proceeding to awake Eric with "real" contractions....

{ 7 am }
Dialated to 3 cm. I am convincing myself to wait until at least 5 cm to ask for medication.


{ 9 am }
Convinced nurses to take all my "attachments" off so I could try to relax in the jet tub.


{ 9:45 am }
Crawled out of the tub and the nurses determine I am now 6 cm. I beg for medication now and the nurse says "Okay lemme go get doctor."


{ 10 am }
By the time doctor gets there he finds me dialated at 9 cm and offically in "crazy lady" mode.
The nurse askes the doctor "Do you still want to give her I.V. pain relief?" I scream "ARE YOU KIDDING ME??!" The doctor laughs at me and tells the nurse to "go ahead." Not that it does any good anyway.


{10:33 am}
Noah Russel Hudson is born... after a nurse jumps on my stomach to "help things along" when his shoulder gets stuck under my pelvis, all "old school" with no pain meds or epidural. Woo Hoo!


4 comments:

Leia said...

Noah Looks like he can still smile after all that, but I hope you can. Love Aunt Leia Congrat. to all four and grandma too.

Than and Erica said...

congrats on going natural! There is something special about that, I think. He's a beautiful baby.

Grandma J said...

Looks like you did good. All that brings back all the memories for me when my babies were born. The "old days" weren't very fun with no meds unlike now days. Noah is beautiful.

Ladyfox said...

Sounds a bit familiar. Hams was born in a bit of craziness like that. Noah is beautiful. Congratulations...now go and get some rest...(yeah right) By the way I love getting to see your family more often through this blog of yours. I think blogs are great inventions.