Friday, June 5, 2009

Bubble Boy & The Sea of Kitchen

Ugh. Yesterday seriously SUCKED! First my kitchen sink decided it was time to rebel. Now i have a stagnant pond for a sink, back up into my dishwasher, and water pouring out of the wall behind my washing machine. Ugh!! I cant even walk in my kitchen because its so flooded.
Then in the midst of my never ending mopping... I receive a phone call from Eli's Doctor about an allergy test he has taken (which I completely forgot about) that they wanted to "discuss in person". Yea that's never a good sign is it?
Welllll. It turns out my kid is dang allergic to EVERYTHING! They run a test of 70 different allergies, but since they had to have 3 people hold him just to get blood, they only had enough blood to test 30 out of 70. In that 30 he is allergic to...
Dogs Level 3 Allergy
Cats Level 2 Allergy
Grass Level 3 Allergy
and
PEANUTS! Level 4!! Allergy
(they rate on a scale of 1-6)
Okay.... Peanut butter is what this kid LIVES on! I had no idea AT ALL!
The doctor said that this allergy could be building over time and one day I could give him a PB&J sandwich for lunch and he could go into anifilactic (sp?) shock. ARE YOU KIDDING ME?!
So we went and did more blood drawing and we will find out what else he is allergic to since they only tested him for HALF of the test. Those should be fun reults.
Does anyone have a giant plastic bubble I could just put him in?
btw we got rid of the dog.

4 comments:

Olive and Kaylee said...

That's so crazy! He just seems so rugged and tough, you wouldn't think he would have so many weaknesses!

Ladyfox said...

What? It is hard for me to believe he could be allergic to so many things without you knowing. I'm bummed about the dog. He was such a cutie. When do you find out the results for the second half of the test?

Grandma J said...

I hate floods inside houses. My washing machine used to back up every time I used it, so I know how you feel. What do you feed a kid who can't have peanut butter anymore? And your little dog was so cute!

Anonymous said...

sorry no bubble, thats the exact thought I had when you guys were growing up, where' the bubble... but not to worry he's tough little boy as I'm sure you know. its only the beging I'm afraid but I know you can handle in my eyes you are a true super mom..... mom